Alternate title: Baking Bad: Spring Bake Edition
Hello! And thank goodness I am on Spring Break! I am so happy to be home. My old soul has been able to do what it enjoys… baking! I made a red velvet cake for a birthday, two batches of these stud-muffins (which my Abuelita calls mafios), and I’m pretty sure I’m going to make some brownies by the end of the week. Am I stress eating? More like de-stress eating!
Today I am going to share my recipe for banana nut muffins. These are really great if you have an abundance of bananas and you don’t want to eat all of them in their natural form. They are also really great if you have a couple of browning bananas. If your bananas are borderline-squishy, this is the recipe for you! These muffins make really great breakfast options, midnight snacks, and everything in between.
You will need:
- 3 browning bananas (It makes them easier to smash and they have more flavor)
- 1/2 cup of white sugar (maybe even brown sugar, your call)
- 1 and 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking power
- three pinches of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of butter (softened so it’s easier to stir)
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (walnuts are great)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mash bananas in a large bowl
- Melt butter
- Put everything in the bowl
- Stir until batter is made
- Pour into cupcake tins (with cupcake cups)
- Bake for 25 minutes (or less if your oven heat is super intense)
- Listen to my Spotify Disneyland playlist and pretend you are with Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather making Briar Rose’s birthday cake. My Disneyland playlist is my ultimate FAVE and has the classic songs that truly embody my Disneyland experience.
- Eat muffins with milk.
- Curl up on your couch or bed and watch 30 Rock.
- Give some muffins to your grandparents.