In the words of Hannah Montana:
Don’t get me wrong, I love who I am
I don’t wanna be ungrateful, it probably sounds strange
I really love the role I play, the songs I sing
But with all the fame
The things that seemed so simple are suddenly so far out of reach
I wish that they could see that underneath
I’m just an ordinary girl
Sometimes I’m lazy, I get bored
I get scared, I feel ignored
I feel happy, I get silly
I choke on my own words
I make wishes, I have dreams
And I still want to believe
Anything can happen in this world for an ordinary girl
Like you, like me
For an ordinary girl
Like you, like me
My name is Natalie. I am not an LA or New York native, so my fabulous city life has definitely been in the making for several years (and has now ended for the next two years since I have relocated for grad school!)
- I was notorious at UCLA for taking very ~serious~ term paper topics and completely flipping them around to write what I wanted. In many film and English classes, I wrote about Glee and One Direction. I know there is one film TA out there who is probably scarred that I wrote a 10+ paper on 3D concert movies comparing Metallica and Glee, but listen dude: my tuition, my paper, and I still graduated early.
- I was ten years old when I watched High School Musical 3: Senior Year in theaters and I cried for the rest of the day. I am a sensitive kid when it comes to things that I really love.
- 2017 was officially the summer of Shawn Mendes, just like 2012-2015 was the summer of One Direction.
- 2018 is the summer of having to get my life together and be an adult.
- 2019 is the summer of 2 year post grad stress.
- During the summers at UCLA I was seat filler for award shows and studio tapings.
- I was a seat filler for the 2017 MTV VMAs and I will never let anyone forget that EVER. All of my television and music dreams have come true.
- Eventually I will write a book. For now I have this blog with carefully chosen topics.
- In spring 2020 I will have a Master’s Degree in English. I have that academic training but I love shitposting and I think it’s the future. We’re basically already at that point.